Share the love for Electric Guitars here!
My eyes lit up as I gazed at the colorful double-cutaway semi-hollow body electrics with two and three pickups. Knobs here switches there! Wow! This was way too cool!
It was in the mid 60's when I realized electric guitars rock. Homeroom in the seventh grade, I brought in a Harmony guitar catalog I had just received in the mail.
I saw my first six-string electric about a year before. Me and a few friends were messing around the neighborhood when we heard muted music coming from the basement of a home on the corner of the street. We ran over to the house and plastered our faces to the window.
Inside the basement were four dudes straining to play "my baby does the hanky panky". All were in their late teens or early twenties with slicked back hair and cigarettes hanging from their lips. One guy on drums, one on bass, another playing keyboards and singing and one playing the sweetest Lake Placid blue Strat!
Loud music rattled the windowpane. I don't remember what else they played but the impression of the guitar player was tattooed in my mind forever.
His fingers slid up and down the neck, foot tapping out the rhythm. This image I never forgot and I trace this as the beginning of my love for rock music and in particular the electric guitar.
I never did buy that Harmony guitar, but I did get my first one when I graduated high school. It was a 1968 Gibson SG Special.(Identical to the one pictured below). The second guitar I have ever held.(the first was a friends 12 string Rickenbacker that he played through a stereo record player).
The feel of the wood, the weight, the smell of the polish. I was in heaven! Even though I could not play chord one, it felt like it belonged slung over my shoulder. Electric Guitars Rock will be defined by what I like!
I'll be checking out guitars,amps,hardware, and games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
So sling on your guitar, plug in your amp and turn it up to eleven!
- Electric Guitars Blog
- The Electric Guitars Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to electric-guitars-rock.com Website. Subscribe here.
- Alex Lifeson of Rush
- Alex Lifeson and Gibson have made beautiful music together for over forty years!
- Electric guitar pictures for your pleasure!
- Before the internet, you had a hard time finding guitar pictures anywhere.
- How to tune a guitar and keep it in tune!
- Here's my method on how to tune a guitar easily after a string change.
- Basic guitar chords look easier than they are!
- Basic guitar chords are where your fretboard education begins.
- Slide guitar adds another dimension to your playing.
- A beginning primer on slide guitar and why you should try it!
- Cheap electric guitars, great for the beginner.
- Are cheap electric guitars cheap? Maybe-maybe not...
- A vintage electric guitar an exhilarating experience!
- Acquiring and playing a vintage electric guitar is the way to go.
- Guitar tabs, an easier way to learn!
- As far as I'm concerned, guitar tabs are the greatest invention.
- Easy guitar tabs, your route to guitar hero!
- Easy guitar tabs are all over the internet.
- Easy guitar songs are not as hard as you think.
- Let me start you off with some easy guitar songs.
- Fender guitars -a choice you won't regret.
- My life and times with Fender guitars.
- Gibson guitars have a luxury feel.
- Gibson guitars form the benchmark all others try to attain.
- Guitar stands for the active guitarist.
- Get quality guitar stands from your reputable online dealer.
- Guitar straps can make a guitarist look good.
- If your gonna stand and play you need to use guitar straps!
- Electric guitar wiring is not so mysterious.
- If you can hold a soldering iron, electric guitar wiring repair is a snap!
- Ultimate guitar tabs is the easy way to go!
- You don't have to be a musical genius to figure out these ultimate guitar tabs.
- A guitar solo is a thing of beauty.
- Enjoy some thoughts and musings on the guitar solo.
- Guitar cords -one important link in your music chain.
- Invest in good quality guitar cords for your fantastic sound!
- How to read guitar tabs is way too easy.
- If you're a beginner guitarist, how to read guitar tabs is a must!
- No guitar strings, no music!
- What's a guitar without guitar strings? Just a chunck of wood!
- Messenger guitars with a neck that will never warp!
- For a unique sound and cool retro look, check out Messenger guitars.
- Are double neck guitars worth the effort?
- Double neck guitars are great in a live situation by changing sound without changing guitars.
- Left handed guitars for the creative side of the brain.
- Left handed guitars for the ten percent not right handed.
- Guitar cases protect your valuable investment.
- Take the guitar cases that came with your guitars, toss them and upgrade immeadiately to better ones.
- Tube amplifiers for that warm, sensual tone.
- If you want to play loud with great tone, go with tube amplifiers.
- Play a Fender Stratocaster for the rebel in you!
- For some amazing tones, try out the Fender Stratocaster.
- Parker guitars are one of the best on the market.
- Parker guitars pack more sounds per dollar than any other electric.
- Epiphone guitars are more easier on your wallet.
- Here's another alternative to high price Gibsons, Epiphone guitars!
- Jackson guitars ruled the heavy metal '80s.
- Randy Rhoads gave Jackson guitars a mighty lift when he came on the scene.
- Guitar wallpaper on your computer is way cool!
- Show off your musical allegiance with some guitar wallpaper.
- A guitar tuner of some kind is a must have for any guitarist.
- If you play any type of guitar, you will need a guitar tuner, trust me.